Monday, July 9, 2007

Minority Rule

I'm raising minority children.
They only speak one language, have parents with the same last name, only one set of grandparents and live in an affordable house with a decent yard.
Whatever will become of them?

That's what I wondered all year long as my kids attended school in Lawrenceville.
But when I dropped my 13 year old off at church camp yesterday, I found the majority.
Up there in the North Georgia mountains, they had gathered. They were white and tall and pretty. They were dressed neatly in pants that fit with non-offending t-shirts. They spoke politely, waited in lines without complaining and drove shiny, clean SUVs.
They were The Methodists.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We also have those same kids here in Catholic School.

Unknown said...

Haha. The only difference is the Catholic kids will be sneaking flasks to the camp-out and seducing the counselors on the nature hike.

I grew up Catholic.