Monday, November 5, 2007

Nov 5. Boot Scooting Errand Day.


nov 5
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
You gotta love cowboy boots. Around here they make a Yankee feel a little more comfortable, though I still laugh when my New Hampshire born daughter says "Y'all."

My first cowboy boots were purchased at the NY State Fair in 1981, as I worked at the Columbia Record Club booth, cheating people out of their money. I loved those boots so much they were re-soled twice and dyed black in the early 90's before I finally replaced them with a pair of Tony Lamas.
I have a beat-up white pair that I no longer wear, having turned them into decor. They have been hanging from a large Christmas wreath over my front window for the last 5 Decembers. Last year a bird built a nest in one of the boots.

3 comments:

Karen MEG said...

I love cowboy boots! I had about 3 pairs as a teenager; now I've got one pair that are gathering dust but I suppose I could take them out again if I knew exactly where they were. I have another pseudo pair - Anne Klein, with more of a watered down, no intricate pattern on the side, look.
I love this idea for NaBloPoMo...and I'm salivating over your shoes, as I'm only in flats and sneakers most days.

Victoria said...

I love my cowboy boots too! I have three pair - all Justin. My kids love their little boots too. =)

Family Adventure said...

I bought my first ever pair in Norway, while at university. I thought I rocked the world! They were so painful to walk, but that didn't stop me.

Would love to see the picture of the Xmas wreath. Maybe it could be your finally NaPoBoot month picture?!

Heidi