Friday, December 7, 2007

The best non-required reading.

TIN HOUSE.
I am a whore for this literary magazine. Every time a new one arrives I DEVOUR it. It makes me think I am not nuts. It makes me want to be a better writer. It makes me believe I am. It talks to me like a lover on a train going nowhere fast. It sinks into me and changes me and I like being liquid black and white, rubbing words over my skin and feeling uncomfortable, naked, raw.
Aldous Huxley said,
"But I don't want comfort. I want God. I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
I might be Aldous Huxley.
or maybe I am just a little writer girl who wishes she knew Miranda F. Mellis and could party with Stacey Richter.

PS. Here's TIN HOUSE story for you mouse lovers/haters out there.

6 comments:

Kellan said...

I got get me that magazine - the way you describe it is erotic - I need erotic a little now and then! I love a good writer's magazine - but I haven't heard of Tin House, I'm going to look into it. Thanks and thanks for coming over and leaving the nice Birthday wish for my Dad - have a good Saturday. See ya, Kellan

Family Adventure said...

Thanks, Linda. I'll check it out. Like Kellan said -- with that intro, how can I not?

Heidi

Churlita said...

One of my fiction writing TA's from college had a story in that a few years ago. I love the whole magazine too.

Julie Pippert said...

Don't you love finding brilliant little gems?

Julie
Using My Words

S said...

Mmm... I don't know it. But I'm going to explore it! Thanks for the tip.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

See, now that's just RAW TALENT. Thanks for that tip, off to explore.