Thursday, December 20, 2007

My appendix may burst, but I'm getting pampered tomorrow.

Yesterday, my back was killing me, I thought it was from moving heavy things, so I took a muscle relaxant and went about my day- by evening, I was still in pain with cramps like gaseous cramps or internal intestinal disorder cramps- something House would know how to fix just by looking at me. I drank some wine and went to bed, the back ache moved to the left and the gut aches got worse. I barely slept. In the morning I realized I had hardly had any water Wednesday and I had eaten red meat, maybe it was just a normal internal reaction to 2 things I know better about. I drank 65 ounces of water and 4 cups of coffee - giving the cramps a purpose.
But here I am 12 hours later and not much better. I made the mistake of looking up my symptoms on Web MD and now I'll probably die because I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor... or too proud to admit when I need help.
Hopefully I'll be medicated enough to make it through the 3 hour massage and facial and body wrap with my mother-in-law tomorrow.
Waiter? A glass of Barbera, please.

9 comments:

Badness Jones said...

Poor you. I hope you feel better soon, I hate being sick. I'm almost as whiny about it as a man!

painted maypole said...

hope you feel better soon!

Family Adventure said...

Ouch...no water...kidney stone? Get better!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Back hurts? I'm thinking kidney stone as well.

It's the Friday before a huge holiday weekend - get thee to a physician woman! I will drive you! I already spent the last 2 days at a hospital, let's make it a trifecta.

(ooh - can we take Sharon?)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the well wishes.. I didn't tell anyone in my house until late last night..
Chicken heart- heal thyself.
The kidney stone sounds scary so I am choosing to believe this is a huge gas bubble- since I KNOW I am full of hot air. I did some yoga poses to help digestion and chewed enough almost expired Mylanta tabs to take away the immediate pain. Hoping I can get the massage tech to do some reflexology today...
I am never totally without some sort of pain- back, knee, neck, head, stomach hunger pangs... pain is grounding and very very real. It makes me know I am alive.
yes, I am a martyr. Burn me at the stake. heh heh

Churlita said...

Kidney stone is exactly what I thought too. You can get them when you're dehydrated. If you like drugs, they'll give Tylenol with codeine for it. That could really make the holidays more bearable.

Victoria said...

Eek - hope it's better by now. Feel better my martyr friend!

Karen MEG said...

I hope you're feeling better!! I also hate to go to the doctor unless absolutely necessary!

Karen MEG said...

I hope you're feeling better!! I also hate to go to the doctor unless absolutely necessary!