Monday, January 28, 2008

Overheard in Georgia.

You know I love that website, Overheard in New York and maybe a city of a million stories is more interesting than my little town, but if you listen...

on the radio:
Comedian compares living with a puppy to living with a crazy homeless person
"Hey man, I ate all the toilet paper and wiped my ass on the couch"

at bunko:
Mommy with breathing problems and blown knee sums up both problems with:
"Yes, it's sad. Tragically shortened my athletic career."

at the grocery store:
bagger to the cashier
"Stop singing that sad song about wanting to go home. Let's sing Hello Dolly. I know all the words."

All I can say is thank goodness I'll be in Manhattan on Thursday.

Last time I was there with my friend M, we met a guy who is great pals with Dr. Ruth. He introduced us to Elaine of "ELAINE'S" and she sat at our table (#2) where a funny funny German dude named AMADEUS, I kid you not, bought us all champagne and made us laugh whenever he giggled.

Yes, Ma'am. I meet interesting people.

5 comments:

Family Adventure said...

*love* the athletic career one. Totally stealing that one!

Have a good time, can't wait for stories.

Heidi

Victoria said...

Have a great trip! Overhearing "interesting comments" is one of the reasons I love my business travel. =)

Safe travels.

Churlita said...

Have fun.I've never been to NY, but I'd love to go.

painted maypole said...

hello dolly, well hello dolly, it's so nice to have you back where you belong....

I would LOVE if my bagger at the grocery store sang this. it would make my day.

Badness Jones said...

I love that! I would love to be in Manhattan with you....