Monday, February 11, 2008

Body Oddities. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

There are things my body can do that seem normal to me. I don't have anything double jointed and my tongue isn't super long or forked, so if that's what you were looking for you should stop reading.

I can smell the presence of a cold virus on someone. If you are close talking with me and I smell it, you will come down with the common cold within 48 hours.

My sneezing in a 3 2 3 pattern indicates rain is on the horizon.

When someone is worthy- either in song or art or phrase- chills run up my spine and make my hair stand up. And by worthy, I mean worthy of praise for their accomplishments- the kind of accomplished artist who comes by it naturally. This is what they were meant to do. this is what you were meant to hear or see or read.

I get goosebumps in church- the good kind.

My hair works out better if I don't go to a professional.

Lightbulbs actually do go off over my head when I get something.

I can smell OUTSIDE on my children's heads.

I know the sound of everything mechanical in my house and can list each room by room.

My body is so electric, I blow light bulbs when I flip switches and ALWAYS get shocked opening the mailbox and pushing a shopping cart.

My eyesight is so bad I can't see my own hand held at arm's length, but when I used topical steroids to heal a case of iritis in my right eye, I could see like Superman for 3 months, except for the x-ray part.

I don't go to the doctor ( except for gyno/childbirth/appts, I 've been less than five times in my adult life.) I guess I heal on my own, except for the broken arm when I was 5, and that time, my parents let me try to heal myself- for about, oh, two weeks.

I wear smaller sizes when I don't exercise- at all.
Okay, now you can hate me. I never seem to lose muscle tone.

3 comments:

Family Adventure said...

You can *smell* a cold virus?? And sneeze if rain's coming?

I can grab a stack of plates and know exactly how many I've taken - without counting. 6, 10, whatever. I'll grab the right number just by glancing at the pile.

And I can hear high pitched sounds that no one else in my family hears (or maybe it's just me going crazy?), like those from electrical equipment left on.

Heidi :)

Badness Jones said...

I don't have as many talents as you, but I do know where every possession all members of my family own is at all times, and I do have an uncanny knack for getting up and going to where my children are before they get hurt or call me....except that particular power failed me yesterday. Sigh.

Churlita said...

I can sense when the people I love are near. I also knew the second my mom died. I just felt it.

I don't lose muscle tone easily either. I've been a runner since I was 10 and I think my body is just used to it.