Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where I fished


where I fish
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
I'm a Northern transplant to the South. I keep trying to understand this place. its people and customs, its fried food... and I keep trying to like the entire state of Florida, but in my heart I'm truly a California girl- as my 12 years out there helped me understand.
Yes, I'm just a California girl on a Georgia budget with a yen for the Big Apple. I'm really 3 different people.
And all of that has nothing at all to do with raccoon intestines.
But imagine how I felt about Florida as I walked knee deep past that with my crabbing net?

2 comments:

Churlita said...

I grew up in Arizona, was born and went back to junior high in Chicago, lived in Northern California in my early twenties and now live in Iowa. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Victoria said...

I was born a Yankee, live in the South by choice but get to NYC as often as I can. I hear ya!