Monday, October 6, 2008

I declare this week: EAT FROM THE FREEZER WEEK!

After trying to stuff one more package of on-sale chicken breasts into the freezer, I took a quick calculation. Behind the 3 half gallons of ice cream and frozen yogurt was a ten day food supply. From ground beef, chicken breasts and wings to assorted frozen vegetables, bread items, organic potatoes, hotdogs, salmon patties, shrimp and california burgers, I could feed my family and never leave the house.
It sounded too good to be true, but I ticked off the days and figured I'd give it a run. Avoiding the grocery store will have its own rewards: no video store side trips, no costly Starbucks coffee or "necessary" magazines, no pricey premium gas expenditures and no forced small talk with the aging cashier.
So that's my plan.
Tonight from the freezer: ground beef and chicken,
veggies and tortillas. Ice cream for dessert.
pix to come.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Let me know how that goes. It always seems like with my girls, if we don't have 500 snacks around the house, they think we have no food. I could have soup or pasta in the fridge for them to heat up, but if it doesn't come out of a box, they're not interested.