Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fashion, like the stock market is cyclical.

I bought these shoes in 1987. I saw a pair just like them on the rack at Nordstrom yesterday, priced three times what I paid way back when.

I may have only worn these brown oxfords six or seven times in 21 years. I think they'll get another go around this winter, paired with wool tights and a sweater dress, or dark hose and a wool skirt, blouse and cardigan.

Though I am not a hoarder, or a saver, figuring most times when the fashion finally comes back around, my tastes will have changed enough that the old item won't appeal to me as much as its newer counterpart, but in this case, I'm glad these shoes made the cut.

At the very least, they can go in the costume bin and serve as granny shoes.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

That's great that you still have shoes from 21 years ago. I have jeans that I wear from back then, but they are wearing mighty thin.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

HA. I think I actually have a fellow pair of granny shoes myself (in black AND brown)! :)