Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Goodwill Store Always Comes Through.

Sometimes, I get these weird ideas and I swear there is a girl in the backroom of the local thrift shop who's reading my mind. I'm thinking Wild West- Bordello themed mystery party, and she's dusting off these barely worn booties and putting them on the size 9 rack.
That was four mystery parties ago.
My Goodwill store continues to come through for me, providing period linens and decor for the 70's game show mystery, a leather skirt for the assassins party, a superman costume for the superheroes mystery and this year, with Gershwin albums, teacups and mason jars for the 1920's speakeasy.
Yeah, we don't futz around.

3 comments:

painted maypole said...

i'm doing my first mystery party tomorrow! 80s.

Unknown said...

Have fun! Our party is Saturday night and I am already ripping apart the downstairs to convert the whole space into dance hall/bar/gambling room and a curtain for access to "the girls".
Can you tell I wanted to be a set designer once upon a time?

Churlita said...

Those are perfect for that.