Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some surprises you really aren't dressed for.


DSCN2287
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
For this year's anniversary celebration, the husband and the son came up with a plan. It would be hours and hours of flying mud, treacherous trails of boulders and tree roots and speeding quadrunner vehicles in the woods far far away.

I think they were trying to kill me.


My ass, thighs, lower back and blistered thumbs agree. But my desire to go fast like Ricky Bobby saved me, as I left the old man in the dirt and paved my own way through 40 acres of hard packed motocross and 4- wheeler terrain, only to arrive at the lodge and have a woman pull me aside and confide, "I gotta tell you, when I first saw you, I thought you didn't look at all like the kind of person who would do this."

It's nice to maintain my mysterious aura.

2 comments:

painted maypole said...

your sense of adventure is fantastic.

happy anniversary!

Churlita said...

Perfect! Keep 'em guessing.