Saturday, October 17, 2009

I want my kids to be like these boys.


There are opportunities around every corner. There are surprises and learning experiences and times to grow- if you go out there and look. If you think PAST boundaries, past rules, past the norm.
I love inventive thinkers. I love people who say I CAN.
who say WHY NOT
Who say, WATCH ME.
I am one of those.

A kid called a dreamer, a kid put down time and time again for not following the rules, for not doing exactly as the others before me had done, for not conforming.
Screw that.
I don't want to raise conformists.

We need DOERS. we need people who will buck trends, step out of boxes, do more than expected and go beyond barriers.

I read this story of these two guys and I got goose bumps. Sure their goal wasn't exactly selfless, or spiritual, but I would SO so so proud to be their Mother, to be their friend. I wish the news was filled with the stories of kids who start businesses at 15 , of kids who write programs to solve computer glitches, of financial wizards, of philanthropists, of scientists who find cures.

I'm tired of meeting people who say, "I can't" or "That's too hard,"or "Nobody does that," and "Yeah right." If we don't believe in ourselves, no one else will.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

That's so cool. I've always felt that life should be a collection of amazing adventures and experiences.