Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spongebob Squarepants Saved Her Life!

 I don't watch the TV news, and I canceled the newspaper a year ago.  I read the Yahoo headlines and listen to NPR... and then get schooled in snippets of overheard conversation in grocery store lines.
I like this place for my news.
 HAPPY NEWS 

 Especially today, when I see that a SPONGEBOB episode taught one twelve year old a valuable lesson.


Spongebob Credited For Helping NY Girl Save Friend's Life
Delicious Reddit

APRIL 24, 2010David Johnson, Citizen Journalist

When Allyson Golden began choking on her gum, then turned red and started kicking her legs, her best friend Miriam Starobin flew into action and performed the Heimlich maneuver, and the gum popped out.However, the 12-year-old Long Island girl had not been through a First Aid class or CPR training - she had been watching Spongebob Squarepants! In one episode of the Nickelodeon animated series, SpongeBob retrieves a clarinet lodged in Squidward's throat. In another, Patrick revives Squidward after he swallows a fork.Allyson, who pleads guilty to chewing a wad of Trident Original Flavor, realized almost immediately what her friend had done. "I gave her the biggest hug and I was like, 'Miriam you just saved my life. I owe you big time.' And she's just, 'Oh, no, it was no big deal.'"She rejects any suggestion that she is a hero. "I mean heroes are people who literally risk their lives to save people," Miriam protested. "I mean I did something that really anyone could if they tried."for more on this story, check out this link: www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment



I can almost forgive him his annoying giggle. Almost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who lives in the pineapple under the sea?
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS...!!!

My favorite tv shows. ^_^