Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tarot, if you dare


Somedays, wouldn't it be nice to know, even before you are fully awake, if the day is going to be worth getting dressed for? Hey, the bed is still unmade, and the coffee is still properly bagged. You could just say, screw it and go back to sleep. Especially if a one card tarot read was 100% certain.
 I know, I know. Nothing is 100% certain.


This is the card I drew today: Three of Swords (Sorrow)
It says:
Unsettling news leading to heartbreak or loneliness. Tactless or hurtful words. Acting without consideration for the emotions of others. Betrayal of trust or confidence. The revelation of a painful truth.


Oh, lovely, right?  Damn. I'm going back to bed.


Sure, I can dumb it all down to mean that I'll write a scene about that today, or see a movie about that idea. I could go all freaky chick and think the world hates me, everyone is out to get me and I'm a loser. But, nah. I could think it pertains to another's life, and that current feeling of not having all the answers, of being screwed around, made promises that aren't kept...that the truth is only revealed on one side, and perceived wrongly by the other. Yeah, I'd say that's unsettling. How do you ask for something you know you deserve, but don't want to look like you need?


Or I could chalk it up to the Winter Blues, and general malaise caused by biting my tongue and clamping my jaw during a multiple important decision making time. 


 But.. Sorrow?? 
 Which dream is going to die next? sigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have the Tarot deck I used back in high school, in the 1970s ... Reading this post made me want to get them out and study them again. Thanks for visiting my blog this morning, too! Wishing you the best with your writing.