Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another reason I'd rather eat at home.

I have this thing about eating out. Usually it’s just a pain in the ass. You have to eat ONLY what THEY serve, the way they serve it. You have to PAY them and You have to WAIT. You can’t sit where you want in the most comfortable chairs and you can’t choose your dinner companions. You have no idea how the meal was actually prepared or what has happened to it from the kitchen to your table. In other words, you are not in control.

You also can't stop your kids from having this conversation:

Girl:
In some countries it is considered polite to rest your elbows on the tables.
Boy:
In some countries it’s polite to do this: BU-uurp.
Parents:
Ok, quit complimenting the chef, and get your elbows off the table. We aren’t in either of those countries.
Boy:
I wish there was a country where it was polite to fart. Because I would be the most polite kid in the universe.

3 comments:

Family Adventure said...

The issues I have with eating at home:
1) Someone has shop
2) Someone has to cook
3) Someone has to clean up

And that someone is much too often me. At least for numbers 1 and 2.
For number 3 my thought process is as follows - hey, boys, if you are hoping to eat dinner tomorrow again, you'd better be stepping up the plate at this point....

Unknown said...

Shopping is fun for me, and I love to cook- but you're right, the clean up stinks. That's why we had two kids. One to clear and one to load the dishwasher. My folks had it made with 4 girls!

Family Adventure said...

All right, I think that settles it. We are coming over for dinner. The boys will clean at the prospect of possibly, just possibly getting 5 minutes with the Wii. As for me, I'll bring the vino! Can't cook, but I am an excellent wine-bearer!