Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nov 8: 30 days of shoes

It feels like winter today, here in the South. I am thinking sweaters and wool pants and these- though I wore them with thick tights, a leather skirt and a cashmere turtleneck the last time.

I love these booties so much, I may go back and get the two other plaid styles, and at $19.95, they are quite the bargain.
Especially when they elicit this kind if response from total strangers:

On the third day of a recent conference, a woman grabbed my arm in the bar and said, "I have to tell you. I have been watching you, and I want every pair of shoes you have worn."

5 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I can see why she'd say that. You have a *fabulous* taste in shoes. It is really unfortunate, my heel-handicap, because I've loved every one of your pictures, so far! :)

Heidi

PS; these are a bargain. Wow!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I busted my ankle when I was 19 and can't wear anything higher than half an inch, and even that kind of hurts.

How I envy your shoe collection. Mine consists mostly of all Ecco's, Born's and whatever stylish pointy-toed flats I can afford.

Unknown said...

Ouch. I cannot think what my life would be if I could only wear flats- I know my chiropractor has helped keep my knees and ankles and back healthy with my um--fetish--because at 5'8' I don't need the height, I just love how they make me feel. Maybe because it is something a man CAN'T do.
I wonder, can you wear ny of the new fun platforms.. the height of a heel without the angle to the arch?

Victoria said...

Love them! (The outfit sounds wonderful too!) I'm 5'9 plus and don't often wear heels (too much running with kids, work, puppy, afterschool, dinner...) but I *do* love a nice pair of heeled boots. I'm South too...and am enjoying *finally* breaking out the winter boots/stuff. =)

painted maypole said...

that IS a compliment. And while I could never get away with those shoes, I like them, too.