Friday, November 2, 2007

Undecorating sucks.


People that know me, know I love to decorate- to set the scene- to make a theme. Each of my rooms has one, when I get dressed to go somewhere i think of one in my closet. I even initiated the "theme" nights for our monthly bunko meetings. yeah, my life is one big play.
it's cool when you're SUPPOSED to be thematic-- like for Halloween. not so much when you are pushing the envelope and dressing as a camel for Hump Day.
Bummer is the "after glow." Undecorating is like sex without snuggling.
There are cobwebs to remove.
and pumpkins to trash, and blacklights to store and foggers to empty...

Sure it was fun. It's always fun... but I wish I didn't have to clean up.
( now there's an employment opportunity... hmmm.)

I was able to dress up vicariously through my daughter, as she pawed through the costume trunk, bypassed the genie outfit and pulled out a Frederick's of Hollywood cheetah costume complete with tail.
"This one!"
"You'll need a shirt under that."
"Or some fake boobs."
"How about a black turtleneck?"
My mother would be so proud.

5 comments:

Karen MEG said...

"Undecorating is like sex without snuggling." I love that line! Perhaps a little too much?!

Your decorations were amazing! I love getting into the spirit of things too - can't wait till the kids are a bit older when I can start half-burying (fake) body parts.

Thanks for stopping by my part of the blog world and commenting. I'll link ya too, if that's OK?

Unknown said...

Oh, I know what you mean! Taking down decorations is a chore I absolutely hate to do! I walked outside my house on the way to teach a lesson and noticed that the skeleton hanging on our front door and the Jack 'o Lantern hadn't put themselves away. Hmph! I guess that means I need to do it...eventually!

LOL! Gosh! That makes me sound so lazy, doesn't it!? LOL!

Kellan said...

Undecorating does suck! You did a better job decorating than me. I'm glad it's over - I'm exhausted. Cute picture - cute costume. I'm Kellan - nice to meet you. Have a good weekend.

BeachMama said...

I too love your "Undecorating" analogy. That is great. And the cheetah constume, priceless.

Thanks for stopping by!

Family Adventure said...

Good thing is...we're close to Xmas.
But see, I would peg you for more of a Halloween kinda girl. How's Christmas at your house?!

Heidi