Sunday, December 2, 2007

Heck of a way to start the month.

I was a bad girl.
I didn't blog. I didn't read blogs. I didn't read the paper or watch the news or listen to NPR.
Instead, I went to my first Christmas party of the year, drank champagne at 10 am, after attending a long, interesting meeting where I felt inept- not the first time. later in the day we met another family for a night at Medieval Times., where i might have fallen in love for the 50th time with a long haired knight in red-- the bad guy- of course. Video and pix to come.

So why is that I find that something about this season makes me sad?
I cried while watching an inspirational movie- Peaceful Warrior, then welled up with tears at the Petsmart dog adoption site, and had to go see yappy evil dogs being groomed to get over it. I became overwhelmed listening to carols on Sirius and had to pinch my thigh to avoid getting emotional when I saw the old homeless guy who looks like a skinny St. Nick get busted by the cops for panhandling.
Am I a sap, or just PMS' ing?

5 comments:

Kellan said...

Maybe a little of both - I've been emotional like that all weekend too and I wasn't even lucky enough to go to a party to smooth things out. Take care and see you soon. Kellan

Family Adventure said...

Whenever I start crying at commercials, I know I'm PMSing.

But having said that, there is a sad undercurrent to December -- it brings to the forefront the vast difference between the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. That's enough to bring anyone to tears.

Heidi

Julie Pippert said...

Sounds like you were a good girl, actually. ;)

And I vote for both, too.

Julie
Using My Words

Unknown said...

I think a long walk in the sunshine today will cure me of my blues- that and maybe some shoe shopping! Since I had a uterine ablation 10 months ago I don't get any periods so the Pms thing I have to guess at...I know, you hate me, right?

Churlita said...

I'm jumping on the bandwagon and saying both too...Or maybe I'm just projecting.