Saturday, April 5, 2008

Going Waldo on you.


It only looks exotic. CAPE SAN BLAS, FLORIDA.


About a six hour drive, in which I plan on catching up on some sleep as I plug my massage mat into the SUV cig holder, set up the kids with movies and snacks and hand my hubby the GPS.

I wanted to be able to have the whole novel rewrite done for a last read through but am about 20 pages shy as of 5 AM. Maybe if they all sleep in, I really can finish before we go.

The Macbook travels well, wi-fi at the destination. Spa, off shore fishing, snorkeling and horseback riding all booked. Got me a case of beer, a bottle of spiced rum and some dramamine. All electronics primed and ready to go.
But I'll miss my house and the one bad hipped dog who can't handle the exercise.

7 comments:

dmarks said...

Florida for some reason always seems exotic to me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful.

Churlita said...

IN six hours I could get to Chicago, Omaha, St Louis, Minneapolis or Sioux City. None of them are even half as nice as where you're going.

Family Adventure said...

Have a fab time, and I hope to get reports while you're there.

It is snowing here today, so a bit of warmth and sunshine is desperately needed, even if it's vicarious through you.

Heidi

painted maypole said...

looks beautiful anyway. enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks and sounds awesome. I could really use some resort like fun right now. Or just the ocean surf in my ear. Have a wonderful, relaxing time.

Karen MEG said...

That looks and sounds like a wonderful trip. Enjoy!