Thursday, April 3, 2008

Shoe talk. Dude, I so disagree.


From YAHOO NEWS.
Mindset Media, a media company that examines personality traits of different consumers, found that people who buy more than three pairs of sneakers a year are 61 percent more likely to have the qualities of a modern leader. ( Or they are fit, or they are Rappers)

These qualities were defined as having ideas and vision, and a style with others that is both inclusive and decisive. ( Or they have no vision and think sneakers are the end all.)

The survey of 7,500 people, using market research group Nielsen's online panel, found multi-sneaker buyers were 50 percent more likely to be very assertive and 47 percent more likely to be spontaneous. ( uh, because they run everywhere? and were those WOMEN or MEN? )

Lauren Arvonio, a spokeswoman for Mindset Media, said sneaker buyers were more likely to fly by the seat of their pants. ( they need to buy plane tickets, then they would understand SLIP ONS are better than TIE UPS)

"It is often said you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear, and now we have some hard data to back that up," Arvonio told Reuters.
(Dang, I've been saying that for years. Wasn't anyone listening?)

5 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Mindset Media: Conducting redundant studies with laughable results.

Why would Yahoo News publish this??

Heidi

Churlita said...

How ridiculous. I'm a runner, but I'm so not a leader.

Kellan said...

Very interesting. I am not a sneaker buyer, but my 15 year old twin daughters are and some of these traits listed do sound like my girls. Very interesting!

Have a good evening - nice to see you. Kellan

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ha, me too! I'm fairly certain I could be the scientific evidence they need to DIS-PROVE that theory!

painted maypole said...

this was fun.