Thursday, June 19, 2008

What if Someone offered you...A Peaceful New World

You can see them coming.
The kind ladies with the pamphlets.
The ones that stand there and stand there no matter how long I hide in the bathroom.
This is what they left jammed in my door. It asks:
"When you look at the scene on this tract, what feelings do you have?"

I feel like you can't read the NO SOLICITING notice at the subdivision entrance. I feel like you have invaded my space and upset my dogs. I feel you have the wrong idea about Paradise and peace isn't something you go door to door selling like cookies.
I feel in a Peaceful New World, I wouldn't want to pet bears in the bushes, pick my own berries or sleep with lions. What I would want is affordable gas for my sports car, uncrowded roads to drive it and a crapload of money to spend at my leisure.

I feel more peaceful already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There I am...jogging along on mile #6...thinking that I could probably walk the last half mile to my house when I come around the corner and see a group of walkers with briefcases.

So I speed up.

The one time I walked by them (and I see them about 4x a month in the neighborhood) they wanted to walk with me.

They're good for my pace.

elizabeth said...

amen.
wish I'd thunk to hide in the bathroom when they came to my house a while back.

Churlita said...

After the tornado, a bunch of Baptists came around and told a 10 year old girl in our neighborhood that we all caused the tornado with all of our sinning. How sick is that?