Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Got a nice car. Can't find premium gas. Is this the 70's?

Okay. That's it. I will vote for whichever candidate can promise me premium gas in my little Georgia town.
I feel like the fairy tale guy that went to sleep under the tree and woke up in the disco era.
WTF?
I thought we had the gas, we just wanted our wonderful citizens to pay out the ass for it. Which I was willing to do, thinking of all the cars that WOULDN'T be on the road. But some folks think it is more than "political", more than greed.
In Nashville they say..
The Southeast is still facing gasoline supply shortages caused by storm-related refinery shutdowns on the Gulf Coast. Drivers watching their gauges are have been finding shuttered stations and dry pumps. Ahmard Hall, a fullback with the Tennessee Titans, calls it "really ridiculous." Hurricane Ike shut down or reduced work at more than a dozen refineries in coastal Texas, an area that accounts for about 20 percent of the nation's gas and diesel production. And the supply situation won't improve until the refineries boot back up and start filling the empty pipelines.In the meantime, gas station owners are selling whatever shows up from their suppliers -- be it regular, premium or super unleaded. A Raleigh, North Carolina-based gas station operator says "You take what you can get."

Around here, in the Atlanta suburbs I had to go to 6 stations to find premium gas last Saturday and today I saw lines for regular unleaded and closed stations up and down a busy 6 mile route.
Word is we'll have gas by Friday or Saturday... guess I'll have to wait and see.
Wish there was a website/ phone number to call that would post current supply and stock.
It just seems silly driving all over to try to find gas so you can drive all over.

addendum;
found premium gas at the BP station on Meadow Church at Sugarloaf

1 comment:

Churlita said...

That is so 70's. It's weird. We don't have any problems like that in Iowa now. During the floods this Summer, though, I made sure I had gas because there was only one road people could drive into town on, and that was in danger of getting flooded over too.