Thursday, October 16, 2008

Escaping Motherhood for Mehood.

I've got to do it at least twice a year. Get out of my mommy and wife role and just be ME.
You know what I mean. As a SAHM, I am rarely identified as Linda. Instead, I am someone's lovely wife, someone's helpful mother, someone's Christian sister, the owner of that barking dog.
So for 4 days, as I escape to a friend's beach house, I embrace the inner ME and all the shit that comes with it.
Wish me luck.
Oh, and to my fab friend who suggested I adopt the name Sacajawea Starr on this trip? Let's just say, I'm not opposed to Indians or strippers...

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Good for you for getting away. It is great not to have to think of yourself in relation to other people all the time.

dmarks said...

Have fun, Sac :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it was a fabulous time. I too hope to one day take time for ME and hope that there is a beach house available to use.