Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 5: Dancing Shoes


Guess stillettos
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
There is something about a stiletto that makes me want to dance.

Something about how you are already on your toes, how your calf is already poised, your leg long... But these shoes- with their soft black Italian leather and opposing black studs, kind of make me feel politically correct- on this day after the election.

Like I have the right to dance.
Perhaps irresponsibly.
Perhaps sharing the dance with those less fortunate, perhaps even to reclaim the American dream. Do I care who will pay for my dance? Who will foot the bill for my club fee? Of course not. Because we all know there will be many challenges ahead, times when we'll have to make tough decisions.. like which dress to wear with these non-partisan shoes.

No comments: