Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Designer Shoe Dream

If you want real designer goods at real people prices, you can shop the outlets and off-season stores. Around here we have Saks Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls.. to name a few. Label shopping usually requires a great deal of patience, rack shifting and ultimately allowing others to invade your personal space triangle. Ugh.
I have had more fun buying knock- offs on the streets of New York or hitting the vintage stores and upscale consignment shops, and honestly? The label is not as important to me as the fit. Except for one name:
Manolo Blahnik.
his new collection:


I have promised myself a pair of real live MBs when I sell my first novel.
And now, I feel even worse for sleeping in this morning when I could have been writing.

No comments: