Monday, December 8, 2008

When Did Christmas Cheer Become Mandatory?

I can do all the things that need to be done for this holiday with my eyes closed.. and without being particularly cheerful.

Baking for child's school bake sale. Done. Even though I used VERY expired baking soda in the cookie dough.
Purchased,wrapped and mailed all out of town gifts including one unique gift certificate substitute:without complaining about the cost or time spent or traffic. Done.

Attended relatively tame p-ornament exchange party and a quiet bunko Christmas party
where I managed to not piss anyone off or get thrown out of anyplace. Pretty much a first, and no, that's nothing to be cheerful about. *yawn*

Seeing as I had to select and then help my husband buy my Christmas gifts... I am not expecting any surprises this year... and after a ho-hum tree and house decorating weekend, I can't help but feel a little like... Is this it?

The only thing that is saving me from hanging up my stocking for good is my church.
Every year they open my heart to giving in a new and special way. I only hope that I find a way to do that for someone else this season.
And that's nothing to yawn about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baking soda doesn't really expire, its baking powder you have to watch out for.

Churlita said...

At least you've found something wonderful and sweet to get excited about for the holidays.