You have probably heard of MonaVie by now.
Kathie Lee talked about it here.
Even if she got the name of the berry wrong, she still promoted its benefits. So, when someone offered me a free bottle to try, I figured what the heck, right?
I took my bottle of PULSE and ACTIVE to a recent Bunko party. It looked like wine, so of course my friends were game.
( words in BLUE are direct from the MonaVie website)
We liked the taste and texture of PULSE, the juice for heart and cardio benefits
- Boasts heart healthy levels of plant sterols to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Features resveratrol, which supports your cardiovascular system by helping protect healthy blood vessels.
- Delivers powerful antioxidant polyphenols to promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
better than the bottle of ACTIVE, the juice for joint health,
- Individuals who regularly consume MonaVie Active have reported an increase in vitality, better health, an overall sense of well being, and an improvement in joint health.
- Initial research suggests that drinking four ounces of MonaVie Active on a daily basis can enhance your body's antioxidant activity.
- Gives your body the resources it needs to help fight free radicals that target joints.
- Helps you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
which seemed more tart and "seedy". ( There were a few comments that if you added some vodka to the juice the tartness might not be such an issue.)
After taking a surprise flying departure off a SeaDoo this weekend, I am hoping the shots of MonaVie Active get me back on the horse- so to speak, in quick order.
One of the women who's a teacher at an elementary school said that her co-worker was taking the PULSE juice to lower her cholesterol and help with heart issues. he had wonderful things to say about the product . The only thing was she felt odd breaking out what looked like a bottle of wine in front of her students and slamming back a shot every morning.
( ok. Slamming was my word, but still...)
So maybe, marketing gurus at MonaVie? You may want alternate packaging options. Like something smaller, less alcohol looking and less breakable. I'm just sayin'.
Dan is the guy to talk to if you want to try or buy. Here's his twitter info.