Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The $7 Boot.


IMG00464
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
I used to cut coupons. I used to spend an hour filing and sorting and carrying them in a special pocket behind the driver's seat of my truck.
I used to run back out to the truck mid- shopping when I forgot them, and I used to brag about how much I saved at the grocery store.

Now, I don't do any of that. I tried once a few months ago, but only forgot the coupons at home and by the time I remembered where I'd put them, they had all expired, except for the three products my family decided they hated and wouldn't eat even if I did buy it for 75% off.

But that's food. And if you know anything about me, you know it's a whole different story when shoes are in the picture.
I never pay retail. And I never lose my coupons.

This pair of faux alligator boots had an original price of $64. On the shoe warehouse site they dropped it to $55. I had a coupon for $20 off, found an online coupon for another $10, shopped during their "sale" hour and saved another $25, and by the time I checked out, the boot was free... alas there was Shipping and Handling of $7.

The kicker is, they not only look great, but are comfortable... and perfect for rainy days like today when a trip to the grocery store is in order.

4 comments:

Churlita said...

Wow! $7? Those boots are gorgeous.

painted maypole said...

they are gorgeous. And... to the grocery store? girlfriend, i'm impressed.

fit flops said...

This made me too jealous buddy:-( You got such classy boots only in $7?? Would you like to sell it in 10$?? ok for you 12$?? Think about it, it will be good deal for you.

Unknown said...

You wear those to the grocery store?/ You're def. my kind of gal!!