Monday, November 2, 2009

Hooker Boots? Or Not?

It's November again. Time for me to dedicate all my blathering to footwear.
I must have bought at least 30 pairs of shoes since last November, but if I repeat a pair, I will assure you there is a reason.
Perhaps that shoe made me do something good- or bad. Or that shoe went someplace memorable. Or that boot kicked the ass of someone who deserved it, or maybe I gave that shoe away and now it's out there in the world all alone, making it's way to some party, or standing in line for foodstamps, or becoming the final touch on a costume, or protecting the calloused foot of a Nigerian water carrier.
But today?
November 1, 2009
I give you faux snakeskin square toed platform hooker boots. from Burlington Coat and not yet been worn. Hey, it's still warm here and I'm not feeling the slutty vibe, though I am tempted to pair them with a very office friendly black jersey wrap dress, and add a scarf or woolen cape for a Super Woman/Crocodile Dundee flair.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

30 pairs? That's crazy. I think I may own 10 pairs of shoes if I'm lucky. But I'm not a shoe girl at all. My youngest daughter is, though and I try really hard to understand it. We all have our addictions...

Unknown said...

yes. I have an addictive personality, thank goodness it's something I can share in public. HAH.
I believe the shoe count is at 122 pairs of shoes and boots, give a take a few. I did donate 6-8 pairs a few months ago and yes, I even threw out some that just couldn't be saved. Most all of them have been worn at least once and some are 15 years old, like my Tony Lamas.
You need to find the DSW sales online and the half- price deals... I never pay retail. Just bought my kids 5 pairs of shoes, one pair of boots, and slippers for $80 including tx. Cha-ching!