Saturday, November 21, 2009

Regrets for the shoe I didn't buy that day


IMG00474
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
One day- at band camp..
I mean, at the shoe store...I had an opportunity to try something different. I had to make a choice, and I was unsure. It wasn't that I didn't like the shoe, it was that I wasn't sure we were compatible. I mean the first thing I thought of, red, suede, can't go out in the rain, and then I realized it was more than that- now I'd have to shop for a dress to match, and that is never a good thing to be thinking-
I mean, you're just dipping your toe in and not ready to truly commit, the last thing you want to be thinking about is the future, will this go with that and will something end up giving me more pain than the moment of pleasure I'm feeling right now gazing at he gold lining...and then there's the idea that, a single slip, a tiny mispurchase and you may be in for a whole new dress, another decision, another possible thing to regret.

wait. we're still talking about shoes, right?

No comments: