Thursday, June 17, 2010

There is something to be said about the European way.

 

You may think this is un American... especially if you have never traveled out of the country.
 But as the 16 yr old can attest, there are some very hot women in Europe. With very healthy body images. And very teeny tiny bathing suits.

 There is a certain freedom in the lazy afternoon siesta, the long lingering meals after sundown. A certain amazement that never ends as you think of who walked before you on the rocky beaches past those gnarled trees.... the mere history... where BC follows most ages of buildings, villages, monuments.
 I am constantly reduced to jaw dropping moments of introspection and awe whenever I am blessed enough to explore another country.

 Here's me, in  the largest gorge in Europe.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

As soon as my daughters are grown and I have a little extra money, I'm going to try to travel to a different country every year. Now, I'm just relegated to reading books that take place in other countries. Sigh.