Of course, you may want to embrace the 2011 Spring Hairdo Trend. Guess what? It's bangs and bobs. Again.
Should I admit now that when I was browsing shoes on Piperlime at 6 am I actually keyed in the words Spring 2010 fashion.
And yeah, we both know this is 2011.
So, if you rarely shower before noon, find yourself bra-less in a ball cap and yoga pants most days when the Fedex guy shows up, I'm doing you a favor.
What to wear when you finally get out of the house this Spring, so you won't look like a total hermit or overworked Mommy who got her fashion tips from the Victoria's Secret Catalog.
- wide legged and bell bottomed jeans or trousers (bye bye skinny jeans)
- lace, crochet, macrame accents ( not a bikini or a dress, please)
- floral and billowy tops (this does not mean you can ditch the diet.)
- wedge shoes, booties (walking downhill will never be the same)
- accessories that are textured: wooden, leather, neutrals
- denim, denim, denim (finally, the 70's are back.)
- biker- inspired clothes and accessories (aim for sleek leather and zippers, not rocker skank)
- maxi dress (sheer, is one way... but probably not for you.)
- capri pants (stop cheering. Yours are probably stained from jello shooters.)
- jumpsuit, not catsuit (yes, it will be a bitch to go pee.)
- stripes ( maybe not horizontal. just sayin')
- crop tops and long tail hemlines ( if you're under 35)
- clogs ( 'nuf said.)
- kitten heels (no animals were harmed in the naming of this shoe)
- cat eye sunglasses ( whew. I have the perfect pair in my glove box!)
- the belt purse ( not a murse. not a fanny pack)
good luck SAHMs and happy dressing