Friday, March 4, 2011

Book sale


Last night my daughter told me that I could start my own used book store with all the books I have on my shelves.
I laughed, then wondered again, about storage for my darling hardcovers, all those signed and first editions- books that I imagine will be called "antiques" before I die.

I know publishing is a changing industry. I accept that. I bought my Kindle, and shopping for tablets, read downloaded material all the time. 

 I even have my own e-book at all the retail outlets.
                        Simple Intent 
* on sale for the next fews days at a discounted rate of $4.99


Though I still buy books in all forms, I must admit, the nights of wrestling with a 600 page hardback book while trying to get comfortable in bed, only to have it bonk you on the bridge of your nose when you fall asleep... won't be missed.

2 comments:

Erin O'Riordan said...

Even though I love to read, oddly enough I never read at bedtime, so I've never had the nose-bonking problem.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Good luck with book sales! And thanks for participating in my latest Limerick-Off!
Mad Kane