- publication in the New York Times
- Paris Review or Playboy
- landing the NYC agent
- selling to the top 3 legacy publishers
- attending Breadloaf, and not as a waiter
- being asked to be the Keynote speaker at an international event
- appearing as a guest on GMA during book week
- meeting your literary idols- whomever they might be for you
- selling your novel to Hollywood
- seeing your name in lights
- attending the Iowa Writers' Workshop- until you found out this.
which brings up that whole art as form thing. shown on this guy's bucket list.
My bucket list as a writer is more of a bunch of cramped notes in a dog-eared journal, a combination of prayers to a deaf God, hopeful meanderings of an optimist and desires that dwindled as I aged.
Yes, many are checked off, but not half as many as the number I've added to the bottom.
I'm determined to live a long, long life.