Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mom's Movie Morning Minus Madness

I loves me ladyfriends.
A girl needs her playtime and there is nothing better than a chick flick morning complete with Bloody Marys and Sangria.
Since we grew our TV into a mini cinema with surround sound, mammoth subwoofer and a 130" screen, movies are much more fun. I've hosted about 4 other movie mornings, some were heavy on the champagne and lite on the viewing, others heavy on the viewing, heavy on the laughter, and yesterday, we had a good combo of both. We saw this.

6 comments:

Karen said...

and we lurve you too although we ain't no ladies!

Family Adventure said...

How was the movie? Haven't seen it, is it worth my time, or do I need plenty of champagne?!
Heidi

Unknown said...

It was cute. A few laugh out loud moments and at pg-13, ok for families too. Glad we didn't watch Gray Matter or Yellow- those both stunk. I watch about 6 movies a week...my addiction.I can be your reviewer.;-]

Family Adventure said...

Great, Linda. I will take you up on that: Just downloaded "The last king of Scotland". Any comments before I start watching? Love your list of no-no jobs, btw. Trying to think of any you may have missed, but think you have covered your bases pretty well there!

Unknown said...

OOh I loved that. Also, Blood Diamond was great. Very Graphic though, and kind of too realistic, where I think Forest Whitaker might have a bit of an issue getting a nice guy acting job for a while.. I still think of him as the guy from The Crying Game. I have Fur and Freedomland queued up for this week, seen either of those?

Family Adventure said...

Sorry, no. But I LOVED "The crying game". That is one of my all time faves... Happy movie watching. Not a lot of time for that here at the moment, but will watch "The last king..."