Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Talking TV Trash

Around here laundry and ironing day is TV day.
No interruptions and loads of choices on the double DVR. As much as I admire advertising, I don't like my TV viewing with commercials- I seldom have to pee at the right time and sometimes I forget what it was that I was even watching- also most of those olive garden-red lobster-hardees pictures make me hungry. Not for those places, because we don't eat there- but for other food, like stuff I might have in the house, in the kitchen about 8 feet from me.
Anyway, I digress.
Most days I'll take a good book or an intriguing movie over regular TV. This week my job is to scan the new Fall series and see if anything perks my interest. It should have interesting camera angles, be in HD, have nice looking men and a smart script and definitely no laugh track.
I've seen Californication, Reaper, Bionic Woman, Carpoolers-- and all interested me. Enough to keep up with? Not sure yet.

Of course I have the regular reality show line-up that I keep tabs on every season: Survivor, ANTM and Beauty and the Geek.
I'd like to catch more of Tim Gunn's show and Kitchen Nightmares, and of course love love love Kathy Griffin. Actually watched an episode of Cathouse looking for my ex-neighbor...
and have yet to hear anything about these upcoming shows:
America's Most Smartest Model (
An America's Next Top Model and Beauty and the Geek hybrid, this new reality dating series will attempt to find a runway walker who has both intelligence and looks . Women won't be the only ones in on the act, as seven "himbos" will also compete for the show's $100,000 grand prize as well as the grammatically incorrect title of "America's Most Smartest Model.
A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila
MTV has finally entered the serialized reality dating show genre -- and it's trying to make a memorable first impression -- as this 10-episode series will follow bisexual social-networking queen Tila Tequila as she whittles through a group of 32 suitors that consists of 16 gay women and 16 straight men. Viewers themselves may need a shot of tequila when they watch this one.

You gotta love the write up. Now, where's that remote?

1 comment:

John said...

I do my best to stay away from TV as well. DVR helps. Here's a few things we're watching:

How I Met Your Mother-started watching it last year, it's hilarious. Doogie Howser totally makes the show what it is.

The Big Bang Theory-just started this one, pretty humorous so far. It's like a Beauty and the Geek sitcom. Still unsure if I will stick with it.

Moonlight-only watched one episode, interesting, will have to see how it develops. But a good vampire who's a PI sounds awfully familiar.

Friday Night Lights-got hooked on it last year. Love the cinematography, love highschool football, although the teenagers are MUCH more introspective than I remember anyone being at 16-17-18. So much drama.

CSI and CSI Miami-I love figuring things out.

Reaper-probably the best new show I've seen. Funny stuff.

Plus we're trying to catch up on 7 years of Scrubs that we never watched, good thing it comes on 3x a day. Can't keep up with the reruns, our DVR fills up faster than we can watch them all.

But really the only thing I watch every day is the daily infotainment. I mean nightly news.