Tuesday, May 27, 2008

That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet.

Since I saw the movie, JUNO, I've been shuffling scribbled notes around my desk, from bird to mermaid paper weights and back again.. .forgetting I could just click on the IMDb page at any time to remind myself of the great dialogue.

like:

[at Juno's ultrasound]
Leah: Whoa! Check out Baby Big Head. Dude, that thing is freaky lookin'.
Juno MacGuff: Excuse me. I am a sacred vessel, alright? All you've got in your stomach is Taco Bell.

Juno MacGuff: [voice over] When I see them all running like that, with their things bouncing around in their shorts, I always picture them naked, even if I don't want to. All i see is pork swords.

Juno MacGuff: What about Katrina De Voort? You could totally go out with Katrina De Voort.
Paulie Bleeker: No, I don't like Katrina. She smells like soup. Have you ever smelled her? I mean, her whole house smells like soup!

Juno MacGuff: Uhhh, I hate it when adults use the term "sexually active." What does it even mean? Am I gonna like deactivate some day or is it a permanent state of being?


Juno MacGuff: Can I use the facilities? Because being pregnant makes me pee like Seabiscuit!


See it if you haven't. The screenplay was written by Brooke Busey AKA Diablo Cody, whos e book, "Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper" we're reading for our book club... and thinking we might need to go somewhere other than the public library to discuss.

Personal Quotes by Diablo Cody

"Stripping toughened my hide, but exposing myself as a writer has been a lot more brutal."

"If this whole writing thing doesn't work out, I'll be getting right back on the pole."

5 comments:

Jenny Grace said...

I heart that movie.

Churlita said...

Everyone says she went to the writer's workshop here, but I never checked it out officially.

Swistle said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have a strong feeling I'm going to really like it.

Family Adventure said...

I think I love her!

Heidi

painted maypole said...

i loved that movie!