Tuesday, October 14, 2008

World of Coke killed my Pepsi roots.


DSCN0556
Originally uploaded by Another Good Thing
I've been in the Atlanta area for 7 years, so it was high time to tour the World of Coke. High being the operable word. I have never drunk that many fizzy, caffeinated drinks in that short of a time.
I toured Africa, Asia and Europe filling my cup, sipping the flavors of nations, mixing some of them for my own Coke flavor.
The rest of the tour was pretty impressive as well, with years and years of Coke advertising and memorabilia. I think my favorite stop was the old fashioned soda fountain, though it would have been much better to have a real operating fountain on the premises- where guests could buy a drink and a snack. I'm just saying, that's the way Pepsi would have done it.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Ha ha. That sounds like a cool tour. We used to have an old soda fountain in town here as part of an old drug store. When my daughter was younger, she asked, "Is this place from the 80's or something?" Because they 80's were the olden days, right?

Anonymous said...

Hubby just went to Atlanta for his first time. They had a dinner at the Coke museum, he thought it was pretty cool, being a Coke drinker and all. I need to find a Pepsi museum for me ;)