Thursday, April 2, 2009

A funny, from McSweeney's

I've written a few of these McSweeney-like lists, even had a few published. Dooce linked to one on her Twitter today. ( which is going to read like Portuguese to my mother) but here, I offer you two more.

What Could Have Been.

BY COLIN PERKINS

- - - -

The Life My Mother Planned for Me

A+

NYU

Ph.D.

HMO

IRA


The Life I Planned for Me

NFL

L.A.

ESPN

MVP

VIP

Double D

USA! USA! USA!


The Life I'm Living

ADD

GED

DUI

IHOP

SOB

WTF



Tenth-Graders'
Favorite Suggestive
Terms From Geometry.

BY MARK AMUNDSEN

sextant

strip group

side-angle-side congruence

point of osculation

circle packing

Wang tiles

spherical excess

writhe number

homomorphism

squircle

Sierpinski sponge

circumellipse

annulus

self-dual configuration

screw rotation

head

ball


some of lists I've posted here:

this one

that one

The other ones, I have to find. I sure have enough of them... post hard drive crap out anyway.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Can you put up the ones you've written?